While this list makes every attempt to include all necessary steps it is impossible to anticipate every possibility and determine a proper course of action. This list should be used as a general outline and guide in responding to such an event. In any injury event your first and foremost concern is to take care of any injuries.
If injured in an auto accident due to the fault of others you should do the following:
- Assess the care needed and seek necessary assistance such as summons an ambulance if necessary or contact the fire department or police (in most instances state law requires that an accident be reported to the police and that you remain at the scene of an accident until police arrive)
- Determine what caused the accident and identify any witnesses
- Take photographs of the area and the vehicles involved (provided such can be done safely)
- Don’t discuss the accident with the insurance company until you seek legal counsel
- Call Anderson & Lopez (719) 471-1818