While this list makes every attempt to include all necessary steps it is impossible to anticipate every possibility and determine a proper course of action. This list should be used as a general outline and guide in responding to such an event. In any injury event your first and foremost concern is to take care of any injuries.
If injured on the property under the control of someone else (other than your employer) due to slipping on a substance on the ground or floor you should do the following:
- Assess the care needed and seek necessary assistance such as summons an ambulance if necessary or contact the fire department or police
- Determine what caused you to fall and take photos, if a substance is present find out how long it has been there and how it got there
- Identify any witnesses to the fall or the condition which caused you to fall
- Locate a person in control of the property (owner, manager, supervisor) and let them know what happened.
- Don’t discuss the fall with the insurance company until you seek legal counsel
- Call Anderson & Lopez (719) 471-1818